Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Refunds

cameryhnlee
Explorer C

About a week ago i tried to purchase tickets to Texas and it cost $157. Southwest took the money off of my card but didn’t actually give me the tickets. There’s no record of the tickets being purchased on my app so why did they take my money? Everyday since then i’ve tried to reach customer service or someone who can help but no one will answer the phone or my emails. This is very frustrating and exhausting, all i want is my money back.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Refunds

jksobonya
Aviator A

Hello,

Did you receive a confirmation e-mail for the purchase? Did you navigate away from the page as the transaction was completing? If so, it's possible that an authorization went out for the purchase, but if the purchase was not finalized and you never received a confirmation, that authorization that was made should drop off - it could take several days for this to happen.

Not exactly the same situation, but I made a reservation on Saturday and cancelled it within 24 hours - when you cancel a flight within 24 hours, you can get a credit card refund. The original authorization is still hanging out on my credit card as of today. I suspect it will drop off (or be reversed) within the week. 

I'd recommend contacting Southwest through social media via direct message (Twitter, Facebook), they are normally very fast at responding there.

--Jessica

Re: Refunds

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Something doesn't add up here.  I'm not sure who you have been in contact with, but Customer Relations will be your best bet.  Contact Customer Relations 

--TheMiddleSeat