Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Renewal of Southwest Luv Voucher

jantolch
Explorer C

My expired Southwest Luv Voucher was submitted for renewal on June 1, 2021. I was told that I would receive the new voucher by email within 30 days.

It has now been 44 days (as of July 14, 2021) and I have not received the renewed voucher. (I have checked my Spam/Trash folders.) I called and spoke to a representative today, who told me that she is unable to assist me and that I should submit a request for assistance via email.

Any advice?

Thank you in advance. 🙂

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Renewal of Southwest Luv Voucher

williamh
Employee
Employee

I'm sorry to hear that! As a Customer-to-Customer support forum, we are not equipped to assist you here with your LUV Voucher, but we encourage you to contact Customer Relations to document your concerns and work on sending out that voucher.

Hi! I am one of the Moderators for the Southwest Careers board. See you around the Community!

William
Southwest Careers

jantolch
Explorer C

I did contact Customer Relations (both by phone and by email) and have still not received a response other than to say, "It will take up to 30 days to address your concern," which is, in fact, in addition to the initial 30-day wait. So, I am waiting up to 60 days to find out if/when the Southwest Luv Voucher will be issued so that I can book my flight.

I thought that by initiating the request on June 1 for travel in August (as originally instructed by Customer Service to "allow the voucher to expire [secondary to COVID-related travel restrictions] and then request a 1-time re-issue," that I would be fine.

Because of the delay, I had to schedule my August flight. However, I have chosen to fly Delta instead of Southwest because I am still waiting for the Southwest Luv Voucher to be re-issued.

It kinda' seems as though Southwest is purposefully "kicking the can down the road" since no one can help me resolve this issue.

bec102896
Aviator A

Sorry you have had a delay in getting the voucher keep in mind this is an exception to the expired funds so they don't have to give you the voucher they are just being nice sure it may take time but it will come Southwest has just been overloaded lately so it could be a backup in the system. 

jantolch
Explorer C

Dear bec102896

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. My frustration stems from the fact that I simply followed the instructions given to me by Customer Service.

The company isn't just "being nice." Just as you would not expect to pay $50 to exit a business with nothing in your hand, I also do not expect to simply hand Southwest $50 in exchange for nothing.

The now-60-day delay is frustrating, particularly since it was my intent to spend the voucher on August travel.

Phone calls to Customer Service result in instructions to write an email to Customer Service; which in turn, have not resulted in any resolution other than automated replies.

dfwskier
Aviator A

You seem to use the terms Customer Service and Customer Relations interchangeably. They are NOT the same. Customer Service would be unlikely to help with your issue. Customer Relations would. 

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contact-Customer-Relations/ta-p/108355

jantolch
Explorer C

Dear dfwskier

Thank you for your response. I will ensure that I follow up with Customer Relations to assist with my issue. I was not aware of the distinction between the two departments.

Sincerely,

Jeanne