Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Rental car prices

gsking
Aviator C

@SWFlyer007 wrote:

@rich1954 

Here is what I do.  (Maybe I should spill the beans on here)  But here is what I do.  

I go to the SWA Rental Car selection and do a normal rental request and see just exactly what the top 3 rental car companies are and write them down.  I then go to those 3 companies in the DEALS and see what the Corporate or rental special code is for renting with them.  I then actually go to each of those 3 airlines websites, (which all already have my rewards connected to SWA)  and do a car rental and enter that code.  I ALWAYS get a cheaper price than from SWA website rental car option.  Sometimes it's been as much as $30 cheaper.  And if I'm sure I'm getting that rental, each of the home car rental website has two options, PAY NOW and pay later.  The pay now will even net you another saving of 15-30 dollars.  

Funny, I read what you said but did the exact opposite.  I put my work discount BCD code into Budget through SWA and got the same price as through their site...as kind of expected now that I try it.

So maybe I'll get the 600 points they promise...which curiously having my SWA RR account listed in Budget has earned me exactly ZERO points from my last rentals.  I'll be asking them what's up.

Avis does have the no cancellation bonus, but Budget doesn't....odd since they are the same company. 

Rental car prices

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Budget has been good at getting me my points, the one I will never go with again is PAYLESS.  It's like pulling teeth with them and still haven't gotten points for two rentals with them.  I finally quit trying. 

Word to the wise, don't use PAYLESS car rental expecting to get you rapid reward points.  

Re: Rental car prices

dfwskier
Aviator A

@SWFlyer007 wrote:

Budget has been good at getting me my points, the one I will never go with again is PAYLESS.  It's like pulling teeth with them and still haven't gotten points for two rentals with them.  I finally quit trying. 

Word to the wise, don't use PAYLESS car rental expecting to get you rapid reward points.  

I've almost always had to remind  Payless to send y points, but after reminding the company, it always has given me my RR points.