Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Request for refund to my credit card

Miguel56
Explorer C

I requested a refund to my credit card today for a flight that was changed by Southwest. Since I cannot take the flights on the dates they changed them to I was told that my refund request was processed and it would take several days to see the refund on my credit card statement. I see online that money was put into my "travel funds" for this flight.

Does anyone know if this is normal? Will I eventually get the refund on my credit card?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Request for refund to my credit card

jksobonya
Aviator A

Hello,

Southwest normally does not offer credit card refunds unless your flight is cancelled by Southwest, meaning, the flight no longer exists to be flown and you cannot be rescheduled, or if the flight change was extreme (i.e. a 2+ hour difference from what you had originally booked). 

Southwest has been making a lot of changes as of late due to shifting demand.

--Jessica

Miguel56
Explorer C

My flight does fall into both categories. That's why they told me they would give me a refund.

My question was more about why I am seeing the money in my "travel funds" if they are crediting my credit card? I thought I saw somewhere that they do this until the refund to the credit card is completed. Just trying to confirm this.

dfwskier
Aviator A

It happens that way sometimes.

Wait a few  days. If it does not change, contact SW and remind it that you are due a refund.

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Yes this is normal. They will show up as travel funds for a few days then once the refund is processed the funds will disappear from your travel fund bank. 

-Blake