Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Reschedule

Lump5916
Explorer C

I booked a vacation package for 14 people March 13, 2020 for travel Aug-4-11 2020 going to Montego Bay, Jamaica to renew my 50th Wedding Vows. There are more people who want to go. However, due to the Corona Virus situation and the possibility that Southwest will cancel our flight because of travel restrictions to Jamaica. So I called a Southwest Vacation rep. I was told that since we purchase the Wanna Get Away (non refundable tickets) SW would only extend them for 1yr after the purchase date, (March 13). I told the rep that July/ August 2021 is the only window we can go because of work schedules. She said that SW would extend the travel credit for 6 additional months. However, each person must pay $100.00 per ticket to get this done. I do understand SW policy. But like me and others we cannot travel by March 2021. Please provide me feedback. WE DON"T WANT A REFUND WE JUST WANT TO HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO GO whether it be Aug 2020 or July/August 2021 without having to pay the $100.00 per ticket extension fee.

Lump

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Reschedule

dfwskier
Aviator A

That policy changed yesterday afternoon.

Either you asked before the policy changed, or the person you talked to was uninformed.

Travel funds will now expire on September 7, 2022.

Re: Reschedule

Lump5916
Explorer C

Thank You. Very good