Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rescheduling flight for one ticket and not changing companion ticket

supersteak
Explorer C

I have a flight coming up where I have my RT flight and a companion fare as well. Due to work, I need to return earlier than my companion. Can I change just the one ticket without changing the companion ticket??

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Rescheduling flight for one ticket and not changing companion ticket

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You can't return earlier than a companion, the entire concept is that your companion flies with you.  If you really need to change from flying together to flying at different times you will need to cancel the companion's flight, change your flight, and then purchase a flight for the person who was flying as your companion.

--TheMiddleSeat

Rescheduling flight for one ticket and not changing companion ticket

SWFlyer007
Aviator C
Solution

@supersteak Not only what is previously mentioned, (you and a companion can't be on different flights) when you go to make the change of the original flight, but it won't even process it and will give an error code, "A companion is connected to this flight" and you can't make any changes to your flight until you actually cancel the companion first.  I've had to do that so many times even when I wanted to make the change for both of us.  I've learned it's easier to make the changes by actually calling SWA agents to have to move us both at the same time.