Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Reservation Price Change

Debermcp
Explorer C

When making a reservation, I choose a flight with a price. When choosing a return flight, I'm sure to choose a flight with the same price, but when I check out, the price is much higher. Example:  I'm choosing a $91 flight, but when I check out, the price showing is $152.76.  Why is this happening?  What am I doing wrong??

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Reservation Price Change

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Could you provide the specific flight details? That might help. Are you selecting more than one passenger? Sometimes a fare only has one of the lower price fares available and selecting more than one passenger adjusts the prices higher, but without more details of what you are trying to do it's a guessing game. 

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

Keep in mind the price you see on the outbound flight won’t always be the cost for your return. So maybe your getting outbound for $91 and the return for $61 since each flight is priced separately. Also ticket prices are subject to change until ticketed. 

If your comfortable providing your departure/arrival cities and dates I could look online to see what I find price wise. 

-Blake 

jksobonya
Aviator A

"I'm sure to choose a flight with the same price"

It's rare in my experience to have both flights be the exact same price. There's almost always a difference, but without specific flight details we cannot know for sure why you are seeing a 'difference' in price when you check out. 

--Jessica