Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Reservation not made but money charged

Francesca1
Explorer C

Hey . This morning I booked a ticket from BUR to OAK . I was trying to pay with apple pay (since it’s easier) not times send me back to the payment page . Then I notice that both times they charged me 170$ . Anybody had same experience? Did you get your money back? Please let me know 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Reservation not made but money charged

dfwskier
Aviator A

I wouldn't worry about it.

If you get double charged, contact you credit card company and one of the charges will be removed.

Francesca1
Explorer C

I called the bank but they say the payment wasn’t going through so it was southwest fault. Even because no ticket has been send to me . So I have no ticket and no money 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Did you get a confirmation number either on the screen or via email? If not, call Southwest to confirm reservation wasn't completed and make a reservation. 

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Francesca1 wrote:

I called the bank but they say the payment wasn’t going through 

Sorry, but I'm confused, if your bank told you "the payment wasn''t going through", that means you have not been charged -- right?

jksobonya
Aviator A

If your reservation did not complete it's possible an auth went through and will not be finalized.

--Jessica

Francesca1
Explorer C

After 48h my money are still pending, no reservation made ; no email no confirmation number anything 

Spiveywife
Explorer C

I had the same thing happen to me. I booked a flight for my 3 kids on Sunday for $518.94, tried to use Apple Pay on my USAA bank account and it said there was an error and to try again. I submitted it again and it said the same thing. My husband looked at our account and saw the charge on our account 2 times but we never received an email or reservation number. I called SW (a 1 hour wait) and they said they are having an issue with Apple Pay and to not worry that they would fall off in the next day or 2 . It’s been 5 days and they had not fallen off. I called my bank and they told me that the charges went through. They took over $1,000 from me. My bank is considering this as fraud and is investigating it. I called again tonight and waited 90 minutes just for a rude lady to tell me that that’s not their problem, it’s my bank’s fault. No, someone at southwest TOLD ME there is an issue. After i get this resolved I will never fly southwest ever again. I hope you get your money back! As of yet I haven’t gotten mine. 

Joannemathews
Explorer C

The same thing happened to me, Apple Pay said oops there was an error so I called on the phone and made the reservation and Southwest charged me twice. After making the rounds in customer service hell I was told I need to dispute it with my bank and apparently that can take 90 days. BAD customer service Southwest! 👎

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Joannemathews wrote:

The same thing happened to me, Apple Pay said oops there was an error so I called on the phone and made the reservation and Southwest charged me twice. After making the rounds in customer service hell I was told I need to dispute it with my bank and apparently that can take 90 days. BAD customer service Southwest! 👎

@Joannemathews wrote:

For the reservation that was not made, you probably got hit with a pending charge, that would only turn into a real charge upon  completion of a  real purchase. When the follow up does not happen, the pending charge drops off your account - typically within a week.