Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Reservations Cancelled

osu992
Explorer C

I had three reservations cancelled yesterday for upcoming flights. The flights were not cancelled--just my reservations for them. The cancellation emails suggested that I initiated the cancellations, which I did not. Also, for the two that were booked with dollars, it said a refund would be issued (rather than travel funds) (and, not that I have a pending refund to the credit card for either of the two flights yet). Wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Reservations Cancelled

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I have not experienced that, but given that the question is related to reservations, I would recommend reaching out to SW directly for resolution.  You can use one of the contact us options below.

Good luck, and pls update us on what you find out!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@osu992 wrote:

I had three reservations cancelled yesterday for upcoming flights. The flights were not cancelled--just my reservations for them.  

I just had that thing happen to me yesterday. I was supposed to take a 5:15 flight tomorrow, but was rebooked on an 11.20 flight.

The 5:15 still showed as bookable yesterday, but I could not change to it online so I called. I was told:

1) the 5:15 flight really had been cancelled

2) I was rebooked on a 5:10 flight (apparently the replacement for the 5:15). Interestingly

that flight did not show up as available for booking.

Today the 5:15 has disappeared , and the 5:10 has appeared.

So Southwest's computer system was not keeping up with the changes. You may want to check to see if the same thing happened to you.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@osu992 wrote:

I had three reservations cancelled yesterday for upcoming flights. The flights were not cancelled--just my reservations for them. The cancellation emails suggested that I initiated the cancellations, which I did not. Also, for the two that were booked with dollars, it said a refund would be issued (rather than travel funds) (and, not that I have a pending refund to the credit card for either of the two flights yet). Wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.

The most interesting part to me is that the email said refunds would be issued. My understanding is that these cancellations generate travel funds, and that the customer must contact Southwest to request a refund if desired. Are you certain of what the email said?

osu992
Explorer C

Just checked. Refunds were issued. Peculiar.