SAVE50 promo

disneyisme
Explorer C

Can the SAVE50 promotion code be applied to an existing reservation 

21 REPLIES 21

Re: SAVE50 promo

dfwskier
Aviator A

Normally, Southwest promotions cannot be applied to existing reservations.

You would have to cancel your existing reservation and then book a new flight.

jksobonya
Aviator A

Holy cow! This promo is awesome! 50% off flights!!

--Jessica

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

It sounds like a Southwest Vacations promo code. I have only once seen a promo code for Southwest Airlines flights and that was after their major computer outage several years ago.

--TheMiddleSeat

jksobonya
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

It sounds like a Southwest Vacations promo code. I have only once seen a promo code for Southwest Airlines flights and that was after their major computer outage several years ago.

--TheMiddleSeat

No, it's right on the homepage of Southwest.com. I got an e-mail yesterday saying to mark my calendar because SW is celebrating their 50th anniversary with something BIG on 6/15  and you wouldn't want to miss it!

I'd say they were right!

--Jessica

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@jksobonya wrote:

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

--TheMiddleSeat

No, it's right on the homepage of Southwest.com. I got an e-mail yesterday saying to mark my calendar because SW is celebrating their 50th anniversary with something BIG on 6/15  and you wouldn't want to miss it!

I'd say they were right!

--Jessica

Oh, very interesting.  Thanks for clarifying, I'll have to take a look

--TheMiddleSeat

kwol
Explorer C

These prices were lower last night before the 50% off sale. Cut me a break. I almost booked a flight for $186 last night and now it's $388 marked down to $206.  That's really poor.

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

did you use the Promocode?  I originally thought the same thing that the prices weren't that great.  I assumed the promocode was automatically entered, but found out it isn't.  You have to enter it!  I just got back 13k points by cancelling and rebooking a flight I already had scheduled!

Thank you SW!  

kwol
Explorer C

I did enter the code.  It shows a crossed out $388, and then a $206 next to it.  I literally looked at $186 last night.

jksobonya
Aviator A

@PDFelter wrote:

did you use the Promocode?  I originally thought the same thing that the prices weren't that great.  I assumed the promocode was automatically entered, but found out it isn't.  You have to enter it!  I just got back 13k points by cancelling and rebooking a flight I already had scheduled!

Thank you SW!  

Great!

--Jessica