Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SW changed flights, been on hold 75 min to get a refund

fourchows
Explorer C

24 hours after purchasing tickets during the "get a free companion ticket with purchase" our tickets were changed to snowy airport changes and long layovers. We want to cancel and get our money back, NOT refunded with travel funds. I know to never buy tickets with plane changes in the snowy north, but that's what my tickets were changed to. And our was only a 2 day Fl vacation...we can't lose 5 hours too a layover. WHY AM I STILL I HOLD AFTER 76 MINUTES?? Was not given the option to get a "save your place in line" callback. I'm sick of the hold music at this point and have to get back to work!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: SW changed flights, been on hold 75 min to get a refund

dfwskier
Aviator A

@fourchows wrote:

24 hours after purchasing tickets during the "get a free companion ticket with purchase" our tickets were changed to snowy airport changes and long layovers. We want to cancel and get our money back, NOT refunded with travel funds. I know to never buy tickets with plane changes in the snowy north, but that's what my tickets were changed to. And our was only a 2 day Fl vacation...we can't lose 5 hours too a layover. WHY AM I STILL I HOLD AFTER 76 MINUTES?? Was not given the option to get a "save your place in line" callback. I'm sick of the hold music at this point and have to get back to work!

Two points here:

1) Since Southwest changed your flight, Southwest will allow you one free change  on the same routing. Why not look at the website to see if something better is available. Disclaimer: I do not know what impact such a change would have on your eligibility for the promotion. I suspect none since you would retain the original confirmation number, but I do not know that for certain.

2) Unless your flight is in the next few days, why is it critical to reach the airline NOW? There is no reason to do so. You could try to reach the airline via the chat function of the cell app or you would try one of the other methods listed below (beats the heck out of waiting on hold listening to elevator music):

https://www.southwest.com/html/contact-us/index.html?clk=GFOOTER-CUSTOMER-CONTACT-US

bec102896
Aviator A

I would reach out to Southwest on Twitter or use the mobile app chat feature both area quick and easy. 

Keep in mind if you cancel you will lose the ability to get the free companion for January and February unless you booked another flight during that promotion period. 

-Blake 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@fourchows wrote:

24 hours after purchasing tickets during the "get a free companion ticket with purchase" our tickets were changed to snowy airport changes and long layovers.  

If memory serves me, you have to take that flight before 11/15/20 in order to qualify for the companion pass deal.

You are unlikely to run in to "snowy airport" problems between now and then.

Only you can decide how important free travel for your companion is.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

What the????  I got the message of changes I didn't like so I went to my trips, cancelled that flight, done in 3 minutes.