Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SW changed my flight, trying to change it without paying difference for ticket price

hnowalk
Explorer C

Hi,

Southwest changed my nonstop flight and I am trying to change back to nonstop without paying a difference in the ticket price. I pulled up my itinerary and began the change process, but at the very end before I hit submit, it was going to have me pay the points difference for the higher priced ticket on the same day (I originally purchased the flight with points.)

I called customer service, but it was a 68 minute wait time. I thought I would get a faster response here!

Since SW changed my flight, how do I change my flight without paying the difference?

Thank you for any help you can provide!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: SW changed my flight, trying to change it without paying difference for ticket price

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

If Southwest changes your flight, Southwest also allows you one no cost change to any flight that has an open seat between the same two cities that you originally booked.

If you can't do it online, hang up the phone and use one of the non phone options listed in "contact us" below to reach the airline.. 

Re: SW changed my flight, trying to change it without paying difference for ticket price

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

This would be perfect for in-app chat when it is available - have your preferred new flight number ready. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience, @hnowalk, and I hope by now you've gotten in touch. We're experiencing a higher than normal volume of calls and messages across all channels, and unfortunately hold times have been negatively impacted. It's possible that waiting for an Agent on the phone is currently the fastest way to receive assistance despite the longer than normal hold time. Thanks for hanging in there with us!

Nicole
Community Manager