Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SW removed flight to Jamaica without notice

ilianaov
Explorer C

Had a flight scheduled to Montego Bay in April 2022. Just noticed only my connecting flight to Houston is showing now and when I check those dates to Jamaica they now show as unavailable. What happened? No notice of cancelation or refund processed. Could my flight eventually reappear? Should I wait it out or cancel and change plans?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: SW removed flight to Jamaica without notice

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Since you didn't provide specific route and date information it's hard to offer specific advice. I do see that flights from HOU to and from MBJ are available every day in April. You can see this on the low fare calendar. I don't see any issues.

--TheMiddleSeat

ilianaov
Explorer C

Hello the original route was from ELP to Montego Bay with plane change in HOU but now I only see flights from ELP to HOU and back Apr 24-29. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Thanks for providing the dates, that is really important and lets me see what is happening.  When I mentioned flights were available everyday on the low fare calendar I did not catch that the last few days of the month are not available.  It appears the schedule changes on April 24 and that is the first day the ELP-MBJ route is not available.  Beginning on the 24th there is no longer a non-stop HOU-MBJ flight, all HOU-MBJ reservations route through either MCO or BWI.  Lucky you picked the exact date that the route you want is no longer available since the flights from ELP do not get anywhere early enough to catch the 2nd leg to MBJ. 

Unfortunately, I do not see any option that would allow you to get from ELP to MBJ in the same day on Southwest on or after April 24 which explains why the flight just disappeared from your schedule instead of being modified to another flight.  If you really wanted to fly Southwest you would need to depart from ELP at least one day earlier.  Flights back to ELP from MBJ are still available so you can return any day you want.

To get any changes made or to request a refund (back to the original form of payment if desired since Southwest changed the schedule) you will need to call Southwest.

Hope that clears it all up.  It's certainly not the news you want to hear, let me know if you have other questions.

--TheMiddleSeat

ilianaov
Explorer C

Just my luck 🙂 thank you ! I guess I’ll have to extend my stay in Jamaica poor me !!

dfwskier
Aviator A

@ilianaov wrote:

Just my luck 🙂 thank you ! I guess I’ll have to extend my stay in Jamaica poor me !!

Why am I never that lucky?? 😀😀😀

bec102896
Aviator A

Southwest just made schedule changes for April so it's possible the system had a hiccup when rebooking you could wait and hopefully the flight you want opens up or you can change to another flight (within 14 days and same city pairs) with no fare difference. You can do this on the app/website or you can call but wait times will be long due to schedule changes and the winter weather. 

-Blake

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

The OP doesn't indicate they received any notice of a flight change, sounds like perhaps they were just pricing out for a potential price drop. As long as the reservation is still listed in My Account on southwest.com I don't see an issue.

Perhaps the OP could provide some additional details? 

--TheMiddleSeat

BonesMAG
Explorer C

We had a similar issue.  We had a group of 20 on the non-stop from Jamaica to HOU on 4/25.  Not one of us received a notice, a phone call or an email from that "great" customer service at LUV.  Fortunately one of us wnet to get flight information for our hotel and shuttle and low and behold...there was nothing listed!!!  We had to call and sit on hold for over an hour to finally get it sorted out.  Our 3 hour non-stop has become an 8-1/2 hour cluster!  Awful.  But not getting any notification was worse!!