Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

SWA gets Fed Dollars...but wont refund earlybird fee

rnrmckeeusaf
Explorer C

SWA...can't make an exception during COVID-19 crisis??? If there were a time to make an exception on the EB fee for you customers it is now.  SHAME ON YOU! But don't fret, my EB fees and and Fed stimulus bailout will be there for YOU.  I'm going back to AA.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: SWA gets Fed Dollars...but wont refund earlybird fee

bec102896
Aviator A

If you haven't cancelled your flight you could move the flight to a date in the future that way you don't lose the EB and when you know for sure when you need to fly again just change the reservation to the actual date you need. 

Jesse5
Explorer C

You apparently don't get the message. Stop thinking what is best for your employer and listen. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

He is not employed by Southwest. Most people here are customers, like you. Southwest employees are required to self identify when the come here.

callyouout
Explorer B

they need to be ASHAMED of how they are behaving. Their response to this global pandemic is showing me that greed runs DEEP in their soulless hearts. 

dmhflyer
Explorer C

I agree, I canceled a reservation due to the covid-19 and got the same response from SW! In this circumstance they should make an exception and refund the early bird charge! Due to uncertain future work schedule it's not possible for me to schedule a vacation sometime in the future. Lesson learned don't purchase the Early Bird option until very close to my flight! Disappointed in Southwests keeping this policy in force!!!