Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Senior Fares Discontinued???

Soxxmann
Explorer C

Went to book a flight and no longer have a column for Senior Fares. As a perennial A List Preferred Senior, I use Senior fares for a large percentage of my flights.  Is it discontinued or is my login no longer displaying it?

Thank you. 

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Senior Fares Discontinued???

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Unfortunately Southwest did away with senior fares on December 11th.

-Blake

Soxxmann
Explorer C

Thank you for the update.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

Read more here.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

Lindsey
Adventurer A
Solution

@Soxxmann I honestly think the Wanna Get Away fares are a way better deal than the Senior Fares were. They were refundable, but in every other way WGA is at least as good a value!

@Lindsey
Former Employee, Fan for Life.

Soxxmann
Explorer C

Thank you @Lindsey - I'm one of those guys that has a lot of short notice changes for work.  Was always nice to be able to simply change flights a day or two out and know that there would be no fare difference.  Change is always inevitable.  Truly enjoy the great Southwest folks I see and meet on an almost weekly basis. Hopefully that doesn't change!!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@Soxxmann wrote:

Thank you @Lindsey - I'm one of those guys that has a lot of short notice changes for work.  Was always nice to be able to simply change flights a day or two out and know that there would be no fare difference.  Change is always inevitable.  Truly enjoy the great Southwest folks I see and meet on an almost weekly basis. Hopefully that doesn't change!!

You can still do that, but it would be at the Anytime fare level.

If you are a frequent Southwest flyer, it may make more sense for Business Select, for not much more money you get 12x points instead of 10x and some other benefits.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Soxxmann
Explorer C

@DancingDavidE - Good point - just need to get the brain to adapt to the new way of doing business.  Thanks for your thoughts.

Soxx

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Soxxmann wrote:

@DancingDavidE- Good point - just need to get the brain to adapt to the new way of doing business.  Thanks for your thoughts.

Soxx

Hopefully that works - Senior Fare was a discount off of Anytime, so hopefully it doesn't bump you up too high from what you were doing in the past.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

guoos
Explorer C

Thank you for the update.