Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Site issues: "Browser Reload Needed"

traderops50
Explorer C

I cannot complete a reservation.  The site keeps popping up the message below.  Tried clearing the cache but does not help.  Also tried using 3 different browsers.  Help!

image.png

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Site issues: "Browser Reload Needed"

dfwskier
Aviator A

People in the past have reported that auto fill is the culprit. Sometimes saved usernames and passwords get corrupted, or the autofill is trying to use old (and no longer valid) information.

Try manually typing in both your username and password.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Can you type out the error? We can't see the graphic until approved by an admin.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

traderops50
Explorer C

It's simply a modal popup within the site context that says "Browser Reload Needed".  When you click to reload, it takes you back to My Account, thus losing the reservation I was trying to make.  Again, this happens with 3 browsers on my machine, Chrome, Edge and Firefox, so I don't think its related to autofill.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@traderops50 wrote:

It's simply a modal popup within the site context that says "Browser Reload Needed".  When you click to reload, it takes you back to My Account, thus losing the reservation I was trying to make.  Again, this happens with 3 browsers on my machine, Chrome, Edge and Firefox, so I don't think its related to autofill.

OK now I know what you are talking about. Do the words appear in a yellow/orange box?

If so, I've seen that at various random times today . I just tried to force the site to give me the box, but failed. It seems the website is a bit buggy.

Do you have the capability to book with the cell app?

traderops50
Explorer C

I do, but I wanted to use a credit code to book, so I am kind of stuck.  I am on the website almost daily and this is definitely a new behavior. 

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@traderops50 wrote:

I got that message a few times today on the website when I was using the low fare calendar but I was able to get the flight booked after a reboot of the website. Maybe the site was just buggy or I stared at the calendar too long so it timed out.  

traderops50
Explorer C

With all due respect this is not really a solution.  What is needed is for someone from SW IT to fix the issue.  Does anyone from SW monitor these discussions?   I am thinking that there are 1000s of flights NOT being booked right now because of this.  The last thing that SW needs at this point.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

If this didn't solve your issue the solution can be "unmarked" - I had put it solved since it sounded like that was the issue replicated by another user, and what had worked for them.

I doubt it is 1000's of flights by this hiccup, certainly not per day, but who knows. Southwest would only know if there is some tracking of people getting partway through booking and not completing , or if people like yourself report in. 

The community isn't a customer support pathway for Southwest however, you mostly get fellow customers like us who can offer advice, suggestion, commiseration, etc.

If you would like to lodge a request with Southwest you'll need to use the "contact us" link down in the lower left of this page.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.