Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Canceled my flight I'm waiting to see what they do

inspector-3636
Explorer C

I just received notice for SWA that they canceled my flight.  I sent them an email that IAW DOT Regulations I am requesting a refund, not a voucher.

I have read all the problems other customers have encountered with SWA's interpretation of the DOT Regulations.  I'm curious to see how SWA handles this.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Southwest Canceled my flight I'm waiting to see what they do

bec102896
Aviator A

I would reach out to Southwest on Facebook or Twitter for the quickest response. Emails I'm sure are very backed up and will take longer for a response. 

-Blake

jksobonya
Aviator A

There's no need to wait. There are 3 options available to you: 1) rebook your flight 2) don't rebook your flight and you will get travel funds that expire June 30, 2021, or 3) request a refund. 

Let us know if you have any further questions. 

--Jessica

inspector-3636
Explorer C

Jessica,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I understand I "should" have the 3 choices you mentioned in your post.  Sadly SWA's automated reservation system only gives me two options: rebook, or get travel funds that expire on 6/30/21.  I am not given a choice of a refund.  Also, when we booked the flight originally we paid for Early Bird check-in. SWA is not offering to refund the Early Bird payments. 

Re: Southwest Canceled my flight I'm waiting to see what they do (I am not disappointed!)

inspector-3636
Explorer C
Solution

OK.  Good News!

As I was typing my last post to Jessica an email arrived stating I WAS getting a refund for the ticket price plus I was getting a LUV voucher for the Early Bird check-in payments.

This is acceptable..  

Thanks to all involved!

Re: Southwest Canceled my flight I'm waiting to see what they do (I am not disappointed!)

SWPosterChild
Explorer B

I'm so glad that you received an acceptable answer to your concerns.  I am a long time loyal

Southwest customer and I ALWAYS feel like they have my back and appreciate me as a customer. Their customer service is BEYOND compare in my book.