Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Southwest Changed My Flights

doodledm
Explorer C

I realize we have a new "NORM" but on three occasions Southwest has taken my direct flight for 5 hours and changed it to THREE stops, then my destination and 10 hours.  They keep telling me 'the computer' makes the change and puts you on the most similar flight.  Then I call and wait on hold because the system will not allow me to re-book it online  and I end up with an almost identical flight to my original flight, with maybe 1 stop and an hour extra.  Wish the computer techs could re format these changed flights. Very frustrating for something that seems like an easy fix.

Re: Southwest Changed My Flights

dfwskier
Aviator A

@doodledm wrote:

I realize we have a new "NORM" but on three occasions Southwest has taken my direct flight for 5 hours and changed it to THREE stops, then my destination and 10 hours.  They keep telling me 'the computer' makes the change and puts you on the most similar flight.  Then I call and wait on hold because the system will not allow me to re-book it online  and I end up with an almost identical flight to my original flight, with maybe 1 stop and an hour extra.  Wish the computer techs could re format these changed flights. Very frustrating for something that seems like an easy fix.

You are right. It is very frustrating.

I suspect it is not an easy fix though. If it were easy it would already be fixed.