Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Hotel through Booking.com

EJS121
Explorer C

I have had the worst experience with Southwest Hotels/Booking.com. I have called over 20 times to get someone to help me and they all are "matter of fact attitudes" like they are the smartest people on earth. Talking down to people, talking over people, won't let you explain your situation. 

All I need is a confirmation number which I have requested a confirmation email over 20 times. Never gotten it in junk or spam. I have seen this complaint a many of times here and I will not be booking hotels with Southwest Hotels ever again. You can't get  intouch with a human at Booking.com cause you don't have the confirmation number so therefore you will not be connected. I don't  know what to do, but they sure took my money fast. Again, I said I have tried calling Booking.com but if you don't have a confirmation number you can not access their site. No More SouthwestHotels.com

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Southwest Hotel through Booking.com

jksobonya
Aviator A

I am confused by this - I book through Southwest Hotels all the time. Why are you calling? If your reservation was successful you should have gotten an e-mail confirmation - I have never not gotten one. If for some reason you did not get one, you can enter your e-mail address here and your confirmation e-mail will be resent:

https://secure.southwesthotels.com/myreservations.html?aid=2077218&ref=SWHTL 

Also:

"I said I have tried calling Booking.com but if you don't have a confirmation number you can not access their site."

This isn't technically true. These days all you need is an e-mail address to log onto Booking.com directly - I just tried it and they sent me a verification link via e-mail, I clicked it, and I was instantly signed in. However, since the hotel reservations are technically done through southwesthotels.com, your reservations will only show there and not on booking.com. 

--Jessica

EJS121
Explorer C

Jesssica just as I said before, and another person said the samething. I have not received a confirmation or a number or code. We don't have to lie. All I received was the confirmation saying they charged my account. And if you would read before jumping the gun to defend SW. I said already. I have requested that they send me a confirmation email atleast 20 times. Just as others have said. If they sent us a confirmation number and it is not in junk or spam why does it take them 20 times to do it again they should already have it

EJS121
Explorer C

No my problem was not solved. I had to dispute credit card charges. No help from SWH or Booking.com when all I needed was a confirmation number  which I requested over 50 times for them to email me the information. No response is needed just will never book a SWH again

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I always suggest booking directly with the hotel.  The few points you get booking through 3rd parties is typically small and not worth the hassle.

--TheMiddleSeat

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

And, the bookings for a online travel agent (OTA) do not earn points or elite credit at hotels. Probably not such big deal with Marriott since they've gutted Bonvoy, but World of Hyatt is incredible.

I'm platinum with Marriott, and I'm planning on zero nights with them this year. It is that bad. I'll probably burn some points with them at some point though. Hyatt is awesome.