Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Prices

fashariff
Explorer C

It is surprising to see Prices doubled for a round trip to Dallas.  I am flying to Dallas this week and I was able to purchase a round trip Business Select ticket with taxes for $485.95.  I was checking flights to flyout next week Friday and was shocked to see the roundtrip price for business select was over $600 - $800.  What is the reason for such a price difference within one week??????

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Southwest Prices

bec102896
Aviator A

Its all supply and demand. Maybe flights aren’t as full this week while next week they are close to sold out so prices are higher. Another thing is spring break is here so flights could be full since more people are starting to travel again. 

Another thing to keep in mind if you book the $800 flight and it drops to $400-$800 you can get a credit to use on another flight or in Business Select case you can rebook and get a refund to the original form of payment for the 1st ticket since BS tickets are refundable.

-Blake 

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Agree with Blake.  I flew to Dallas 3 times last fall in each of the months of Sept, Oct, and Nov and didnt pay over 102 for each flight.  I'm heading to Dallas in the near future and didn't get a single direction for under 160.  (From Albuquerque) 

gsking
Aviator C

1.  Flights within a week or 2 are always more expensive

2.  Flight demand is going up faster than flight schedules are returning to normal. 

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

the more carriers in the 2 cities per  city pair  of your trip  the cheaper the ticket 

jksobonya
Aviator A

Get ready, flights are starting to go back to pre-pandemic prices. I've been comparing last fall vs. this spring vs. this summer and summer looks to almost be "normal" pricing (and maybe a little more) for various flights. As demand increases, prices will go back to where they were before all this disruption started happening. And that's a good thing!

--Jessica