Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Response to Ticket

blong605
Explorer C

How long does one wait until they bring in a lawyer to get southwest to reply to them?  I had to rebook a southwest flight that cost me an extra $2,000 I submitted my claim to SouthWest and I got 1 email "we are sending this to another team and will get back to you"  2 months plus later and I still have nothing from Southwest even when I submit another question with my ticket number?  You would think if it has a ticket, it would be assigned to someone that you can email and ask for updates?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Bryan

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Southwest Response to Ticket

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Why did you rebook and why do you think you shouldn't be responsible for the cost? 

--TheMiddleSeat

blong605
Explorer C

It was during a computer glitch on Southwest side and they canceled all flights for three days. The support line had a six hour plus weights and you had to book as you saw flights come available online and I did that and when I called support and finally got them to answer they told me they couldn’t swap out my flights because I would lose the one I just got and to just wait and call back when I get home.  The original flight I paid for in points and the second flight that I was able to finally book I had to pay out of pocket.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Southwest lets you " rebook" a flight yourself.

So you should have been able to use your points ticket to do so. 

When I've been in that situation, I just keep hitting   refresh on the flight screen, and when one opens up I grab it.

Getting back to your original point, I presume you have nothing in writing about this?

blong605
Explorer C

It was during a national outage, you couldn't "rebook" a flight unless it was 5 days out.  Being stuck in a place for 5 days wasn't ideal.  

it was on a recorded line of them telling me "i'm sorry but you are lucky you got that flight, I would not cancel it and use your credits, because the second you do that someone else will take that flight and you won't have one and you will be back to 5+ days before you can leave" 

Moral of the story is not about the situation, it was about does anyone have a way to contact support to actually talk to a person instead of a random email?  I was going to try this form first before calling them and trying to find a person to talk to.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@blong605 this is a customer to customer forum.

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

maybe check your spam folder in case they responded and it went to the wrong folder  

blong605
Explorer C

I have

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@blong605 wrote:

How long does one wait until they bring in a lawyer to get southwest to reply to them?  I had to rebook a southwest flight that cost me an extra $2,000 I submitted my claim to SouthWest and I got 1 email "we are sending this to another team and will get back to you"  2 months plus later and I still have nothing from Southwest even when I submit another question with my ticket number?  You would think if it has a ticket, it would be assigned to someone that you can email and ask for updates?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Bryan

If you are trying to make a point then I guess that's up to you. I don't know what lawyer you will find that can do this only spending and hour or two, Southwest will have corporate people to spend more time on this than it is worth.

But let me recap that I understand the scenario: it sounds like you had a flight booked with points, which you kept the points which should have been refunded to you, and then you rebooked a flight with money out of pocket, which was the current ticket price which was high because it was last minute.

What I would ask for out of this whole situation would be some vouchers for your trouble, otherwise you were able to travel at the current price and mainly the system meltdown costed you the difference in the current price from the original price (or points equivalent - the value isn't zero).

• A lot more people at the company can help you if you are asking for a voucher than a refund.
  • If you still want to pursue a refund, you should acknowledge the fare difference rather than the total fare which for some routes I'm sure could still be $1,500 or more if the current cost was $2,000. 

But this is a customer-to-customer forum, so these are just suggestions from another flyer. In the same situation I'd be asking for some goodwill vouchers rather than a refund. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.