Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest called me

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

All the talk about not being able to get through to Southwest, and yesterday, they called me. My flight had been canceled, and they called me to tell me about my new flight. I was flabbergasted.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Southwest called me

gsking
Aviator C

The flight schedules for Oct-Dec are currently being pared back due to Covid.  I am getting multiple notifications a day.  Just give it time to settle out.

Always try to go online first and see if you can "fix" your flight.  If you have a new flight assigned, changing it should be easy.  If it's just cancelled, sometimes you can't access the flight using the record locator anymore.  But it sounds like you have been assigned a new flight.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I just got a call as well for a flight time changed.  And at least they offer the opportunity to get a full refund.  I think they should give you a bit more time to reply.  It's not like I have to just stop and research.  But i do understand the need for a confirmation on my end.  

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

The lady who called told me that accepting the change didn't impact my ability to still make a no cost change based upon the schedule. I have gotten like 5 emails in the past two days about schedule, and this is the only one where they called. The difference was that this went from a one-stop flight to a nonstop which made me happy, of course. No offer of a refund, but I don't want one anyhow. This flight leaves slightly later than the original and arrives much earlier.