Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest fare schedule

TheJules2021
Explorer C

I was just wondering, does anyone know approximately when they will release fares for first two weeks of  June? My friend and I are planning a Nashville trip and want to see what the fares are like before we decide whether or not to buy right away or wait.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Southwest fare schedule

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

Hard to say, On September 8th sale of fares open up thru April 10th 2023,

After that "opening" on the 8th check the website for the next window which will likely include June 2023.

Best of luck

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

My two cents... you should never buy the day the schedule opens up as fares are often higher then and settle down a bit after the initial rush fades away.  However, I'm softening on that approach now that Southwest travel credits no longer expire so having a bunch of credits laying around isn't a problem for someone who may not fly a lot.  So if you don't mind possibly having some travel credits to use later go ahead and buy immediately, but plan on repricing it on a regular basis until you get close to departure date.

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

My two cents... you should never buy the day the schedule opens up as fares are often higher then and settle down a bit after the initial rush fades away.  However, I'm softening on that approach now that Southwest travel credits no longer expire so having a bunch of credits laying around isn't a problem for someone who may not fly a lot.  So if you don't mind possibly having some travel credits to use later go ahead and buy immediately, but plan on repricing it on a regular basis until you get close to departure date.

--TheMiddleSeat

Especially since jumping on the initial release was the least amount of time you could possibly have to use a travel credit if plans changed. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.