Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest says I cancelled my reservation

samuelyl17
Explorer C

I got an email saying I cancelled my reservation. I did not. My companion also got an email saying she cancelled her reservation (on a different flight). The flight which she is cancelled I cannot cancel since it still thinks she is on but it's not on her trips. Has anyone encountered this?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Southwest says I cancelled my reservation

samuelyl17
Explorer C

For the record, neither of us cancelled our flight. And the flights are not cancelled. I still see it on the schedule.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Then you will need to contact the airline. Click on "contact us" below to proceed.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Do you have other flights booked that would possibly conflict with the reservations that were canceled? Southwest will automatically cancel bookings that it deems you cannot actually complete based on them being the same time as other reservations you may have.

Have you asked Southwest what happened? Seems like that would be a good place to start and they could rebook you if you wanted.

--TheMiddleSeat

jksobonya
Aviator A

Southwest has been making schedule changes that are affecting April / May flights at the moment - are you sure your flight was cancelled and not changed to a new flight? I've had 4 flight adjustments over the past 24 hours. 

In rare cases if there are no flights to accommodate your schedule Southwest will cancel your flight, but I would find it rare that they would not try to put you on a new flight to get you to your destination.

--Jessica