Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

System down and not able to log in tonight 12/3/20 to book sale flights

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

On Tuesday (12.1.20) I saw several good prices on some flights so I waited until tonight (12.3.20) the last day of the Flight SALE to go in and try and book some of them.  For over 2 hours I wasn't able to sign in and kept getting this message;

"We are currently unable to complete your request. Please try again later."

Did anyone else experience this?  I'm just wondering if it was just me or not, but regardless, now I'm out of getting the sale prices for the flights.  It's now an hour after the sale closes and I still get the message.  Frustrating, to say the least, but it's still 2020.  Going to bite the bullet and pay the higher prices.  

7 REPLIES 7

Re: System down and not able to log in tonight 12/3/20 to book sale flights

dfwskier
Aviator A

Did you get the error message on both your phone and computer? 

You could have also tried to call to make reservations.

Did you check Facebook and / or Twitter to see if others were having the problem? You also could have reported the problem via either of the two.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@dfwskier I know you follow me, but maybe not back far enough, which is another frustration for another day.  For one, I don't have a phone, (nor want one) that even gets or has apps.  I don't/want to subscribe to twitter, or even do anything internet on my phone.  Yes, it's that old, it's about 12 years old and is a slide phone.  I had about 8-10 flights I was looking at and didn't want to go through that whole process on the phone, and honestly, didn't even think about that.  I didn't know you could report it through facebook, but now I do.  Thanks for caring. 

brendabean
Adventurer C

Did you know that you can book a flight by calling 1800-I-FLY-SWA? 

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@brendabean 8-10 flights was too overwhelming to me, most of all, I change my mind on times often after I book.  In fact, I already have one Mexico one that would have changed this morning.  But to answer your question, Yes, I do know that.  Thanks for your concern.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

So to the original question.  Did anyone else experience this issue????

bec102896
Aviator A

Sorry you had issues booking flights last night. I did notice about 11pm Central time last night (12/3) a message popped up on the website and app saying that they were doing some maintenance so that may be why you were not able to log in and book your flight on points. I know website maintenance is frustrating but it does happen from time to time. 

I was able to book flights at 9pm though without issue. 

In the future if it's giving you issues you could call reservations that way hopefully they can assist. Also if you are booking a ticket with debit/credit you could try booking logged out then go back and add your number the next day that way you don't lose your fare. 

-Blake

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Blake, now I'm scratching my head.  I guess I can't say that SWA knows everything about when other departments do what, but to end a sale during maintenance doesn't sound like best practices to me.  Book today and did see a price increase that makes me frown.