Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE!!

samanthasanto
Explorer C

I am a Southwest Rapid Rewards memeber and travel with them once a month. This is the third time my pre-check has not populated on my boarding pass using the app. I called into customer support and they said there was nothing they could do because all of the information on the ticket seemed to match even though it wasn't populating my pre-check. I asked to speak to a supervisor and the agent rerouted me back to the main menu. I spoke to a second agent who was very rude and not helpful at all. I sat on the phone for 30 minutes when I shouldn't have to call them at all. This experience makes me want to spend the rest of my $$ at Alaska!!! Super disappointed. You just lost a customer Southwest.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: TERRIBLE CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE!!

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Sorry to hear you haven't been getting pre check on your recent reservation's. Keep in mind pre check isn't guaranteed on every reservation I pay for pre check but on occasion (3 times last year) I had to go through the regular security line. 

A few things to check 

• Is your name entered on the reservation exactly as it appears on your pre check card? 
  • Is your pre check still valid? I just had to renew mine last year because it's only valid for 5 years
  • Is the pre check number entered correctly on your Rapid Rewards account profile? A simple Type-o will make a difference. You can check this on the full website. 
  • Also keep in mind TSA can revoke your pre check membership so you might check your pre check status on the TSA website. 

If you would like to discuss the issue with Southwest directly I would reach out though one of these methods: Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint

-Blake

Re: TERRIBLE CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE!!

dfwskier
Aviator A

Have you paid for pre check?

If not, as Blake said, pre check is granted on some type of random basis that only TSA knows.

Sometimes you get it, and sometimes not.