Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Texts and app don't add up

sipeseirra98
Explorer C

Through text it said my flight was cancelled the app says different which is very confusing on knowing what is going on

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Texts and app don't add up

bnance
Explorer C

Same. I got a text my flight was cancelled yet app and website still indicate the flights are still good to go. Which one is right?

bnance
Explorer C

I also tried sending a written inquiry in through the website and the automated responses says "If your correspondence is regarding travel scheduled within the next seven days, please call us at 1-800-435-9792, or check out our Frequently Asked Questions on Southwest.com." So I guess that means I have to sit on hold again for hours. Not super helpful.

sipeseirra98
Explorer C

Same here!

dfwskier
Aviator A

On top of everything else going on, it seems that Southwest's communications have gone whacky.

Check your flight status here. It should be accurate and believable

https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-status/?clk=GSUBNAV-FLTSTATUS

RareTraveler
Explorer A

That link seems to only let you search flights leaving today. I too received a text saying that my flight was cancelled but the website still shows it as leaving tomorrow. Interestingly, when I search it on the app, it says no such flight exists and this exact same flight number was cancelled today and also yesterday.