Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

The Bad, the Good, and Paying Attention

sjp517
Explorer C

So I've traveled with SW for years, many times, many locations - never an issue, really.  Booked a weekend trip during their sale, good as always, flight times were perfect with direct flights, CLE to STL.  All good - or so I thought.

I just happened to be booking another trip for LAS in December, and just happened to look at my CLE/STL flights - which SW majorly changed without notifying me! Not only was I not notified, it had changed my flight to 2 days earlier!!!  I could not believe it, it would not let me change it...so I called into SW. 

Talked with Mike, great agent, and he re-booked me back to my original date -but earlier flight and not a direct flight.  

Now I know to keep watch over SW reservations, but alas I should not have to - being a RESERVATION with confirmation.  Thanks for letting me vent ;\

6 REPLIES 6

Re: The Bad, the Good, and Paying Attention

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

It's certainly unfortunate when changes like this occur, but you should have received an email notifying you of the change.  Perhaps it went to your junk email folder?  When a change like this occurs you are allowed to make a free change to another flight, as you did, or you can request a refund in the form of a travel fund or credit to your original form of payment.

--TheMiddleSeat

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I agree with "themiddleseat"  I've had lots of flight changes over the year and have always bene notified. 

bec102896
Aviator A

I think Southwest's flight change system might be broken because yes I have had several reservations changed without contact and one change that just happened tonight changed me from MCO-BNA-SAT TO BNA-SAT like what happened to leaving from Orlando. One other reservation was canceled when other flight options are available so I'll have to call to get it sorted out which is probably the best thing for you to do as well and yes I would check up on the flights once a week in case other changes were to occur so you don't get stranded with no flight. 

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I got a flight change tonight too but checked my flight online and it's still the same.  Maybe the system just hasn't made the change yet, or something is going on?  Or maybe yet, it won't happen until the 3 days are up for me to make a different arrangement.  I Will check again tomorrow.  

bec102896
Aviator A

@SWFlyer007 wrote:

I got a flight change tonight too but checked my flight online and it's still the same.  Maybe the system just hasn't made the change yet, or something is going on?  Or maybe yet, it won't happen until the 3 days are up for me to make a different arrangement.  I Will check again tomorrow.  

Sometimes the change can be something so small you don't notice it for example flight number changed but same flight time or just a minor time change like 5-15min earlier/later. Usually when that "your flight has changed" email comes its already updated on the app/website. 

jksobonya
Aviator A

My flights are always changing too - but always the times, never the departure date! If my flight suddenly changed to 2 days earlier I would be in a panic! Glad you got it sorted out.

--Jessica