Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Thinking of booking Southwest? Don't!!

Losabos
Explorer C

I fly 40+ weeks a year for work. I have historically leaned towards southwest when I book my flights but as of today I will be looking at other travel options. 

My flights have been changing constantly and many times I end up with connection times that are either non existent or  in some cases flights that arrive after my connection has already left. 

In every case I get the standard "click here to change flight if this change does not work for you" however the link does not work. I try the chat option in the app but no rep is available. No response from social media- so here I am sitting on hold on the phone for over an hour. I do not have time for this. I will not be flying Southwest again. 

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Thinking of booking Southwest? Don't!!

gsking
Aviator C

I realize the frustration.   Covid times are strange. 

But it's curious that your "link doesn't work".  It works ever single time for me on the app.

Have you tried that?   Sounds like a browser problem. 

Losabos
Explorer C

Yep have tried on multiple browsers and two different laptops get an error code each time.

Losabos
Explorer C

1 hour 38 mins and counting.....still no answer. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Losabos wrote:

Yep have tried on multiple browsers and two different laptops get an error code each time.

I think gsking was referring to the cell phone app.  

I've also found that e-mail works pretty well

jksobonya
Aviator A

There have been many changes with Southwest - and every airline on earth - due to the pandemic, and I have had many flight changes as well. I always have luck contacting Southwest through social media, particularly Twitter. Even in the "worst" of the pandemic times (last spring / summer) I got a response in about 30 minutes.

--Jessica

Losabos
Explorer C

thanks for the response, I started with social media and no one is answering. I totally get the covid excuse I have travelled through out the pandemic, sometimes being only a handful of people on a flight. My issue is that in the last month every flight I have booked has been close to prepandemic travel levels. Airports are full again and so are planes but customer service is worse than ever. 

We do not have to just "live" with this - at a certain point it becomes very suspect that this new norm of horrible customer service hangs around even after business picks back up again. Its almost like someone is saving some money at the expense of their customers. 

gsking
Aviator C

I see what you're saying.   Yeah,  the recovery of staffing to support demand seems to be lagging the demand,  both in flights and customer service.   

Let's hope they catch up. 

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

Sorry to hear about your difficulties,

with 40 plus flights a year you should be an "A list" customer with access to the "A list" phone line. I've always been able to get a person on the line, most often instantly, with the exception of one time when i failed to enter the proper Rapid Rewards info to identify myself and ended up waiting for 20 minutes, when I asked the SW rep about the delay she advised me I had not "identified" myself correctly, (I put in a phone # not associated with my RR acct.)

In March, I was able to to reschedule a cancelled connecting flight in about 2 minutes, the rebooked flight was in my App before I deplaned 

Simoneo
Explorer C

In the past year I have had 75% of flight reservations changed by SW.

Tonight was it, 3 emails in 2 days changing flights for 3 people. It ruined my evening, I get no explanation other than flights can be rescheduled, and the options to choose from are awful. I was on hold for 45 min. with no answer or help. I am forced to change airlines.

Since Dec 2020, flights have been full on SW, middle seats too. Covid is no longer an excuse.