Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Ticketed passengers on a flight

dwillisbrown
Explorer C

Is there a way to tell how many ticketed passengers are on a flight?

In these days and times, it would be helpful to passengers to be able to see this information.  Why not?  Seating charts are available on other carriers.  I don’t need to pick a seat just the numbers.  

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Ticketed passengers on a flight

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

It's understandable that you would want that information, but no, it is not available. You can make guesses based on your boarding position, but that is just a guess. If you are flying any time soon it is highly unlikely that you will have more a few people onboard. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Matt4202
Adventurer A

I disagree -

I reached out to SW via Facebook last week about flight concerns they advised me of how many open seats there were on the flight which was helpful.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Interesting they are making that available now. Keep in mind that number can change up to 10 minutes before departure time so it may not be all that valid.

--TheMiddleSeat

LINDAB00
Explorer C

I called when SWA first changed our schedule. They can change up to take off. Ok I get it. I also asked as of day I was calling how many people will have seats. They gave me answer plus generally 174 seats total. They will be flying 20% less. So it could mean no middle seat people and will be using early bird ticketing on flights that have reached the out of avaialable mode 

LINDAB00
Explorer C

Also when I first called SWA they were doing call back times since the lines were flooded and over 4 hour wait time. I used this and promtly at time I want them to call they did. Loved this feature