Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Totally Disappointed : Changed my itinerary without my consent or informing me

jasapj63
Explorer C

Hi Southwest Team, 

How can you change my flight itinerary without my consent ? The new itinerary is not good at all.  It is creating issues with my working hours.   I am travelling to attend wedding.  This is really not acceptable.  Ahead of time I had purchased this nonstop tickets and now without consent your are changing my tickets with stops.  It is waste of time for me.  Original return tickets were nonstop from Chicago-Midway to Houston Hobby and now you changed from Chicago-Midway to Orlando and then Houston.  My original tickets are still available for purchase then why would you change my original tickets.  I am highly disappointed with your action. 

I am expecting some solution from your team. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Totally Disappointed : Changed my itinerary without my consent or informing me

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Southwest team?  Well, since this is a customer to customer forum we can point you in the right direction.  If you had browsed the Community at all you would have seen changes like this do occur and you can contact Southwest to make a free change to your flight.  The email you were sent should have included instructions on how to make the change for free online.  Log into your RR account, find the flight, select change and pick a new flight.  There should be no charge associated with the change.  If it asks for payment then you'll want to Contact Customer Relations  

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Totally Disappointed : Changed my itinerary without my consent or informing me

jasapj63
Explorer C

I called Southwest representative and she was able to change my tickets to nonstop flight without any charges.

Thank you very much Southwest for fixing it!

Emissy516
Explorer C

My flights have been changed twice in the last 2 days.  I get it.  I spent over half an hour on hold for an agent, and she fixed it for me no charge.  But... do they think we have all day to stay on hold waiting for a live person?  I am at the mercy of Southwest and all their flight changes, what is up with it lately??  And when I tried to make a change there were no flights populating their webpage, yet if I searched in a new tab, flights came up.  Very frustrating indeed.

jksobonya
Aviator A

@Emissy516 wrote:

I am at the mercy of Southwest and all their flight changes, what is up with it lately??  

Lately? I am guessing you have not flown much over the last year... I've had so many flight changes I've lost count. 

That aside, almost always I receive an e-mail about the change and I can change it myself for free using the web site or app. On rare cases I cannot change my flight myself, but I don't call, I contact Southwest via Direct Message on Twitter. They've always helped me in a timely fashion.

--Jessica

Jpomp
Explorer C

Had the same experience yesterday, eaitvtknrs are ridiculous! Why, because they sold flights they should not have. Don't book flights until you know you are staffed for it.