Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel Funds - But name is spelled wrong on reservation

schepfamily
Explorer C

I made a flight for my daughter and somehow misspelled our last name - I know it seems silly.  But the problem is I had to cancel that flight and now her Travel Funds are under the reservation number but with her name misspelled so I cannot use them online to book a new flight.  I also cannot get through customer service for hours.  Is there anyway they can correct this spelling error and just make the funds available to the correct spelling of her name.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Travel Funds - But name is spelled wrong on reservation

bec102896
Aviator A

You could try reaching out to Southwest on Facebook or Twitter in a DM and hopefully they can fix the spelling error (as long as it is a minor spelling error not changing the whole last name) 

-Blake 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

If your daughter is under the age of 18 no ID will be required so she could travel under the incorrectly spelled name.  Just book the new ticket using the same incorrect spelling.

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

How soon do you need to use the funds? As @bec102896 mentioned it may be possible to make a change, this policy had been relaxed a little in recent years compared to the past although it won't look great that you didn't try to correct it when you had the flight originaly, but only now that it is travel funds want to change it. 

And as @TheMiddleSeat mentioned it may be possible to fly with the misspelt name anyway. This would mainly have a downside if she has a rapid rewards account and was using this flight to achieve a status under the correct spelling.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.