Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel Funds & Credits

Kmattison
Explorer C

Hello All - New to this & I'm sure its been asked before, so sorry in advance.  My husband & I have had to cancel 3 vacations this year and we are trying to reschedule one - it will not allow us to use all of our flight credits or funds - we each have one that is $250. 03 & one that is $197.78 & he has an additional one himself)  no matter what we do it will only let us use $188.10 each - we also have credit - which will only allow us to use all of it... Why will it not allow us to use but only a portion of the funds??? 

TIA 

Kristy

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Travel Funds & Credits

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Lots of missing information.  What is the value of each fund?  What is the price of the new fare?  There is a maximum of 3 methods of payment on a reservation so if 3 travel funds will not cover the amount due, it will only let you apply 2 travel funds so you can then use a credit card for the remaining balance.  If this is the problem you'll need to combine travel funds first by making a dummy reservation with two of the funds, then cancel that and use the new combined fund to complete your purchase.

You should also verify the value of the travel funds is what you expect they are

https://www.southwest.com/travel-funds/

--TheMiddleSeat

Kmattison
Explorer C

Thank you for your response Middle Seat - I did put how much the flight funds are for - I have 2 flight credits (above mentioned amounts) my husband has 3 (same above mentioned amounts and another for like $250) we both each have the $380 amount for the travel credit from hotel cancellation - Our entire trip is $1553.75 and it has us still paying an additional amount towards it - I could understand maybe for a portion of it but our flight part should be covered I would think... I don't know I guess I will call and wait on hold for hours tomorrow like I have today and multiple times before.... ugh

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Hotel credit?

Are you booking on Southwest Vacations?

That would explain the situation if that's what you are doing. Southwest travel funds are only the value of a previous flight and can only be used towards the flight portion of a new reservation. Hotel credits and costs are completely separate. 

BTW, I would never advise anyone to book with Southwest Vacations, it's a totally separate company unrelated to Southwest Airlines. If you do any reading about Southwest Vacations you'll see they don't have the best track record.

If I'm still missing what's happening here you'll need to call someone.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Kmattison wrote:

Thank you for your response Middle Seat - I did put how much the flight funds are for - I have 2 flight credits (above mentioned amounts) my husband has 3 (same above mentioned amounts and another for like $250) we both each have the $380 amount for the travel credit from hotel cancellation - Our entire trip is $1553.75 and it has us still paying an additional amount towards it - I could understand maybe for a portion of it but our flight part should be covered I would think... I don't know I guess I will call and wait on hold for hours tomorrow like I have today and multiple times before.... ugh

.I think I understand. You booked a vacation package from Southwest Vacations, and when you cancelled that firm gave you a hotel credit?

first of all Southwest Vacations is not Southwest Airlines. It is a different company called Apple Vacations.

second, you may only use flight credits to buy tickets. Because they are issued by a separate company, hotels credits cannot be used to pay for a flight.