Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel Funds not applied

laplatt00
Explorer C

Yesterday (4/30) I flights for Sept/Oct 2021.  When checking out, it showed my $200 in travel funds and gave me the final price after travel funds deduction.  However, when the charge went through, it charged me the full price and did not subtract the travel funds.

I immediately called customer service and took the option to get a call back (est time was 61 mins).  I did receive a call back and selected the option to indicate I was on the phone.  I was immediately put back into a hold queue.  I waited 15 mins for a person, then hung up.  I called back and this time, held on the line for what was supposed to be about 50 minutes.  After 90 minutes, I hung up again.

Today (5/1) I called back again and selected the option to have a call back.  The estimated time was 45 minuets.  It has been over 3 hours at this point and still have not received a call.  Southwest's customer service appears to be non-existent.  Very angry/dissatisfied. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Travel Funds not applied

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@laplatt00 wrote:

Yesterday (4/30) I flights for Sept/Oct 2021.  When checking out, it showed my $200 in travel funds and gave me the final price after travel funds deduction.  However, when the charge went through, it charged me the full price and did not subtract the travel funds.

I immediately called customer service and took the option to get a call back (est time was 61 mins).  I did receive a call back and selected the option to indicate I was on the phone.  I was immediately put back into a hold queue.  I waited 15 mins for a person, then hung up.  I called back and this time, held on the line for what was supposed to be about 50 minutes.  After 90 minutes, I hung up again.

Today (5/1) I called back again and selected the option to have a call back.  The estimated time was 45 minuets.  It has been over 3 hours at this point and still have not received a call.  Southwest's customer service appears to be non-existent.  Very angry/dissatisfied. 

You might want to try the app chat function or Twitter or Facebook - all three of which normally provide a much more timely response than the phone.

Second point, you have 24 hours from the moment you bought your ticket yesterday to cancel, and receive a full refund. The option expires at 24 hours and 1 minute. That might be an option if things have not been resolved,

Then you could book again and try to use your travel fund.  

Re: Travel Funds not applied

laplatt00
Explorer C

Thanks for the information.  Since I have little hope that I will receive a call back, I took your suggestion and rebooked.  My travel finds were short $41 due to another ongoing issue, but I got it to accept the majority of the funds.  Thanks for the suggestion.