Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel Funds

kweekley724
Explorer C

It is extremely discouraging that customers would forfeit their funds due to Covid-19 restrictions. I have $214.oo pending travel funds that expire February 10, 2021. Due to Covid-19 restrictions in Pennsylvania, I am not able to travel and return back to work. After speaking with several Southwest representative, Mary being the last, I am told that their policy is 1 year to use the funds. Southwest has a lot more money than and do, and additional procedures should be implemented so that we, the customer are not penalized by not extending the travel dates beyond the 1-year period. Refunds would not be necessary, however, an additional year would let the customer know that you actually do care about their well-being. Katrina Weekley,  

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Travel Funds

dfwskier
Aviator A

You had from about April 1 to September 7 of last year to extend the expiration date to 9/7/22.

Why didn't you act then instead of complaining about it now?

Re: Travel Funds

kweekley724
Explorer C

Thank you for your input!  Apparently, I would have, had I known that the pandemic would still be active.  Since we are still are amidst a crisis, Southwest should extend it again and give us another opportunity to extend.