Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel Funds

lreed1790
Explorer C

Because of COVID my cruise was cancelled and my travel funds expire on August 17th, 2021. My next cruise is on November 15th, 2021. How can I use these travel funds for my November cruise?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Travel Funds

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

You could certainly use the travel funds before they expire for another trip.  If that's not possible, after they expire you have 6 months to call Southwest and request they be converted to a LUV Voucher.  The voucher would be valid for 6 months.  To complete this process the value of each travel fund is reduced by $100.

Contact Customer Relations 

--TheMiddleSeat

lreed1790
Explorer C

I only need to book before they expire not actually fly.

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@lreed1790 wrote:

Travel funds need to be booked and flown before the expiration date so as @TheMiddleSeat mentioned you can request a LUV voucher for the funds minus $100 after your funds expire. Keep in mind this is on a case by case basis and the fee is subject to change. 

-Blake

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

@lreed1790 wrote:

Travel funds need to be booked and flown before the expiration date so as @TheMiddleSeat mentioned you can request a LUV voucher for the funds minus $100 after your funds expire. Keep in mind this is on a case by case basis and the fee is subject to change. 

-Blake

Tricky part of this - you won't be able to book that flight for the cruise in November using your new LUV voucher until the travel funds expire in October and then you have them processed.

All that to say if you want to lock in your travel for November earlier, I'd suggest using new money or book with points if you have that many built up. The figure out another time to use the travel funds if a trip comes up in the meantime, or use the LUV voucher for a later trip.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

easpilman
Explorer C

I had the exact same issue happen. Nobody said anything about LUV funds. I'm typically very happy with SW in almost all cases. They're really dropping the ball on this one. I cancelled my travel well in advance due to COVID related issues affecting my travel. Now they're just going to keep the money....

Not a great outcome for those dealing with COVID issues.

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

@easpilman Southwest is dealing with COVID as well, and I can assure you that they lost a LOT of money. You could have travelled. Some of us did.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@bwallet wrote:

@ You could have travelled. Some of us did.

I agree. I've been n 34 planes since May 13, 2020 - that was the day i decided to stop hiding under my kitchen table and start living my life again.

it'll b 35 flights  by Sunday