Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel funds expiration help

Euniceg8
Explorer C

I have travel funds that will expire September 14, 2020. Funds expiring September 7, 2020 are extended to September 2022. But I cannot travel at this time as we are still in the Covid pandemic. What are my options, please. Can I extend and then convert to RR? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Travel funds expiration help

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Unfortunately you would have needed to book a flight any cancel it by September 7th to get the extension to September 7th 2022. At this time I'm not sure if southwest is offering any other extensions for travel funds expiring in the near future. At this point in time I would Contact Customer Relations to see if any extension can be made. I know pre virus southwest was able to issue a LUV voucher good for 6 months for the value of your travel fund minus $100 this was on a case by case basis so maybe at a minimum that can be done. 

-Blake

jksobonya
Aviator A

You can convert your travel funds to RR points if you chose. You should see an option to do this in your account. You can use RR points anytime and they don't expire. 

--Jessica

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@jksobonya wrote:

You can convert your travel funds to RR points if you chose. You should see an option to do this in your account. You can use RR points anytime and they don't expire. 

--Jessica

As @bec102896 pointed out to me yesterday, this can only be done with travel funds that were extended.  At this time there is no program that would allow this person to extend or convert their funds.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

Hi Jessica.

That option apparently only is available for travel funds with a 9/7/22 expiration date.

Since the OP apparently failed to rebook and cancel before 9/7/20, that option is not available for him/her.