Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel funds for cancelled flights

hvanmourik
Explorer C

What an awful experience I just had. As Southwest is hyper-inflating ticket prices right now you would think they would allow for unused Travel Funds to be used by the customer to purchase tickets for anyone? Like family or friends? Well that is against their policy. So that way they can take advantage of customers who may already be struggling to pay for tickets. But this unfriendly airline could care less, just keep your mouth closed and masked, pay what they tell you and have an uncomfortable, unfriendly experience on Southwest because that is what you can expect. 

A very unhappy customer,

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Travel funds for cancelled flights

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

It's for TSA security the name on voucher

dfwskier
Aviator A

Gimme a break ..

The ticket rules are not hidden. They are published. You agreed to them when you bought your ticket.

If you did not like the rules, you should not have bought the ticket.

FlyWithLUV
Frequent Flyer C

Southwest is probably the most flexible airline I know in the way they let you hold travel credit and use it, even when you pay for the cheapest fare. If you flew basic economy on another airline, I’m sure your experience may be far worse off.

hvanmourik
Explorer C

Your right. I realize the rules are clearly stated. I did cancel the ticket due to the excessive price of this ticket (at least a 450% increase). This is well beyond the increase in oil. The President warned that companies not gouge the public during this inflationary time. I guess Southwest is ignoring this as it isn’t a “mandate”. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@hvanmourik wrote:

Your right. I realize the rules are clearly stated. I did cancel the ticket due to the excessive price of this ticket (at least a 450% increase). This is well beyond the increase in oil. The President warned that companies not gouge the public during this inflationary time. I guess Southwest is ignoring this as it isn’t a “mandate”. 

lol, prices change due to LOTS of factors, the price of fuel being just one of them.  Demand for travel is WAY up and when demand goes up prices go up too.

--TheMiddleSeat

jksobonya
Aviator A

@hvanmourik wrote:

As Southwest is hyper-inflating ticket prices right now you would think they would allow for unused Travel Funds to be used by the customer to purchase tickets for anyone? Like family or friends? Well that is against their policy.

Maybe you missed it, but gas prices are incredibly expensive everywhere right now - this is not unique to Southwest. *All* airlines have higher than usual ticket prices right now. 

Travel funds can only be used by the named person on the funds. This has always been the case, and Southwest is not going to change this due to current events. 

--Jessica