Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel funds help

BrandiLynne36
Explorer B

Hey everyone! I did email southwest customer service to make sure but thought I’d ask here. 

So, my daughter and I were originally suppose to go to Disney in 2020 but then lovely COVID hit, therefore not only her original trip in June of 2020 was cancelled and rescheduled, but her December of 2020 was cancelled, not rescheduled. Well due to COVID southwest applied travel funds for mine and my daughters tickets and the expiration of these funds are 9/7/2022. Now my daughter has a dance related trip coming up in November of 2022.

My question is: do I need to BOOK and COMPLETE my trip using the travel funds…or am I able to use all of my travel funds in order to book  New York trip when those dates come out? 

thanks for any and all help.

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Travel funds help

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Travel booked with travel funds must be completed before expiration date.

Alternatively, you can let the travel funds expire and then request they be converted into LUV vouchers.  Each travel fund is reduced in value by $100 and you have 6 months after they are issued to use them.  You have 6 months after the travel funds expire to request this.  Here is how to do that:

After the travel funds expire use the contact us link at the bottom of the page, send a message to Southwest and request the expired travel funds be reinstated as LUV Vouchers.  Provide the confirmation numbers, passenger names, and your acknowledgement that each fund's value will be reduced by $100.  The resulting vouchers will be good for 6 months and you have 6 months after travel funds expire to request this.  Since you already have another trip you want to book you should make this request as soon as possible.

--TheMiddleSeat

BrandiLynne36
Explorer B

So I’d have to travel before sept 7th

bec102896
Aviator A

@BrandiLynne36 wrote:

So I’d have to travel before sept 7th

Yes you would need to complete travel by that date. 

if your unable to do so you could request the 6 month extension but it would come with the $100 fee per travel fund. 

BrandiLynne36
Explorer B

so my travel funds are under two different confirmation numbers, under my daughter and my name, would it be $100 each confirmation number or $100 each confirmation number per passenger?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

$100 each confirmation number each passenger

--TheMiddleSeat

BrandiLynne36
Explorer B

That’s $400, am I correct???

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Combine each passenger's funds into one before they expire.  See this post for more info:

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Rapid-Rewards/Southwest-Travel-Funds-Combining/m-p/100756/highlig...

Then each passenger has one travel fund that expires and each of those is reduced in value by $100

--TheMiddleSeat

BrandiLynne36
Explorer B

I don’t fly. This is all foreign to me, so I don’t understand what is being said in that conversation. 

This is what I have: 

myself, two confirmation numbers with one having 2 different $ amounts, all totaling to be $447.96

my daughter, two confirmation numbers with one having 2 different $ amounts, totaling to be $447.96 

travel funds in all is almost $900 (give or take).

how would I combine all of these into one? My daughter doesn’t have a rapid rewards account either (if this matters).

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

https://youtu.be/FZ8c5p1s4Zk

--TheMiddleSeat