Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Travel funds help

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

With the help center tutorial on site I don't think phone agents will keep there jobs

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@BrandiLynne36 wrote:

I don’t fly. This is all foreign to me, so I don’t understand what is being said in that conversation. 

This is what I have: 

myself, two confirmation numbers with one having 2 different $ amounts, all totaling to be $447.96

my daughter, two confirmation numbers with one having 2 different $ amounts, totaling to be $447.96 

travel funds in all is almost $900 (give or take).

how would I combine all of these into one? My daughter doesn’t have a rapid rewards account either (if this matters).

Combine them into two - you will each end up with one travel fund.

Just a side note though - you'll have to wait until the travel funds expire to request the voucher, which means you won't be able to get the voucher until some processing time after 9/7/22. Therefore you won't be able to book the flights until you have the vouchers in-hand sometime that week hopefully - I just don't want you to get to 9/7 and flights are booked up and cost even more than the vouchers you'll get. (Get the vouchers either way - they can be used by anyone once they are vouchers. Travel funds are only in the name of the specific person.)

If there are cheap flights available now it might make sense to buy them with fresh money and then get the vouchers when the time comes, which would have to be used I forget 6 months or a year after they are issued, but can be used for tickets in anyone's name.

The timing on this is very awkward unfortunately. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

ladyhillinc
Explorer C

Hello

That is very interesting. I had the same issue, different destination. Was going to Jamica in Feb 2020 had to cancel due to covid. Travel funds expired Feb 2021 and was told that my travel funds couldn't be extended to Sept 2022.  I was told could let expire and would deduct $100 and only have 6 months to use.  If you don't mind me asking how did you get them to extend to the date of Sept 2022?

dfwskier
Aviator A

@ladyhillinc wrote:

Hello

That is very interesting. I had the same issue, different destination. Was going to Jamica in Feb 2020 had to cancel due to covid. Travel funds expired Feb 2021 and was told that my travel funds couldn't be extended to Sept 2022.  I was told could let expire and would deduct $100 and only have 6 months to use.  If you don't mind me asking how did you get them to extend to the date of Sept 2022?

Likely because they cancelled between 3/1/20 and 9/7/20. People that did that got travel funds with a 9/7/22 expiration date.