Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel on Southwest to Hawaii

ReadytoGo
Explorer C

I am working to book flights to Hawaii this summer.  I can get flights into all of the islands (where SWA travels), but I can only get a flight back from Oahu.  I wasn't planning on visiting Oahu.  I have called SWA twice and the representatives have told me that the schedule is not updated.  However, it is odd that I can book to Hawaii, but I can't get a full schedule of return flights.  Any thoughts?  Thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Travel on Southwest to Hawaii

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Provide more details about what you would like to do. Cities including both departure and destination, and possible dates. 

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Usually if you can get a flight to Hawaii but not the return its because there isn't a connection available to get you back home. This may mean you need to overnight somewhere like Oakland so the next day you can go to your final destination or you could fly to Oahu and fly from there. 

-Blake

ReadytoGo
Explorer C

Thanks for your suggestion.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

Usually if you can get a flight to Hawaii but not the return its because there isn't a connection available to get you back home. This may mean you need to overnight somewhere like Oakland so the next day you can go to your final destination or you could fly to Oahu and fly from there. 

-Blake

The situation could be one that I've seen from Hawaii before. SW does not allow more than one plane change per routing. So try using the multi city option. Instead of for example LIH/DEN use LIH/OAK and then OAK/DEN

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

@ReadytoGo What @bec102896 is especially applicable if you are trying to get back further east in the US. 

-A List, Companion Pass holder