Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel to Mexico

veronicavoodoo
Explorer C

I'm scheduled to travel to Mexico this week. If the borders close, will I be able to get back to the U.S.?! What should I anticipate? Will you cancel flights from Cancun?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Travel to Mexico

SWDigits
Aviator A

I haven't seen any announcements yet from Southwest (most of us here are customers like us).  There are news reports of potential additional travel restrictions and/or airline schedule adjustments.

Always have a backup plan, and if that includes travel, have an idea of your options in a worst case scenario.

Customer | Home airport DCA

dfwskier
Aviator A

@veronicavoodoo wrote:

I'm scheduled to travel to Mexico this week. If the borders close, will I be able to get back to the U.S.?! What should I anticipate? Will you cancel flights from Cancun?

Let's let Europe be your guide.

After borders to Europe were closed, Europeans could not fly to the US, but US citizens could return home. Airlines kept flying because Europeans need to get back to Europe and US citizens needed to get back to the US. , If borders to Mexico are closed, I would expect the same thing to happen.

Will SW, keep flying to Cancun?. There is no answer to that question at the moment.

SWDigits
Aviator A

@veronicavoodoo for awareness I just saw that Southwest is halting international flights by the end of this weekend use these links for detail about specific destinations, here and here.

Customer | Home airport DCA