Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Trip cancelled (5 times) Where's my checked bag?

karenj17
Explorer C

Starting out Dec. 24, I've been canceled 5 times, rebooked 4 times (automatically) and now can't get online to book or change even my return trip on Dec. 30. 

I'm assuming this whole trip will be scrapped but I checked one bag in Denver. Is it still in Denver or was it sent to Minneapolis?  Has anyone received any information on where their checked bags are or will be or how long it will take to receive them.

Phone line is "down", online scheduling is down, looks like I'd have to pay for a new reservation if I try to get to destination yet this week. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Trip cancelled (5 times) Where's my checked bag?

bec102896
Aviator A

I’ve been told by multiple baggage service agents that bags will be sent to the final destination the question of when they have no idea. 

my bag was checked in Austin back on the 24th I finally arrived the 26th after lots of cancellations however my bag is still in Austin 

if you arrive I would go to the baggage office and file a report and they should call you when your bag arrives for you to pick up for a voucher or set up delivery 

karenj17
Explorer C

Thank you for your reply. My trip never took place so is it logical that they send my bag forward to the destination or keep it at the airport where it was checked?

This is what puzzles me. I think it may be at the original checked location. 

Just wondering if anyone got a response for this type of situation - No trip occurred due to continual cancellations.

karenj17
Explorer C

And the lines to speak with someone at a gate or check-in station or baggage claim were over 50 people. I live 45 minutes away from the Denver airport. Should I go out there and try to find something out?  I'm thinking of booking on another airline but how do I let SW know to send my checked bag forward or will it just sit where it was checked?  This can't be the first time this has happened. Why don't they have some online information advising us?