Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Unable to add past flight for Rapid Rewards credit

Shannonganley1
Explorer C

Hi, this is my first post here.    I took a Southwest flight this last January (2023) from Phoenix to Nashville with my fiance.  He booked our flight and didn't have my Rapid Rewards number when he booked it so it wasn't added.  When I logged in to try to add it to my account for credit it doesn't recognize my confirmation number and I get this message:

Sorry, we found some errors...

Please check your confirmation number and ensure the entire ticket is flown, exchanged, or refunded (if applicable)

We didn't cancel or change this flight so I am confused about this error message.  Am I doing something wrong or is there a customer service number I can contact to resolve it?  

Thanks for any advice!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Unable to add past flight for Rapid Rewards credit

floridaguy
Aviator C

Make sure that you don't have a space before or after the code.  Did you purchase the ticket through your account?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

@Shannonganley1 you didn't specify the process you followed to try to get the credits so I'll start with that to make sure you are going to the correct area.... Log into your account on southwest.com, then go to My Account, then Rapid Rewards.  If you scroll down a bit you'll see a section "Request past flight points".  Enter your 6 character confirmation number there.  You may have problems if the name from the flight does not exactly match the name on your RR account, including middle name or if the birthday is different.  There is a link there to more info about retrieving the receipt for your flight so you can compare the info if needed.  If there is a mismatch in info you can try calling, but in the past when I had a similar problem it was no go, they couldn't force it through.  It's worth a call though to see if you can get it.  Phone number can be found in the contact us link at the bottom of this page.

--TheMiddleSeat

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Shannonganley1 just had one more thought.... you mentioned fiancé... have you since married and changed names?

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

@Shannonganley1 just had one more thought.... you mentioned fiancé... have you since married and changed names?

I was thinking this as well - make sure the name matches!

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Shannonganley1
Explorer C

Thanks!  That was it!  Apparently, he booked the flight and added in my middle initial, but it is not on my Rapid Rewards account too so they didn't match.  I called the customer service number and they added it manually.  Thanks again!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Shannonganley1 thank you for replying with your resolution, I'm glad it was easy for you to get resolved.

--TheMiddleSeat