Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Unused Travel Voucher Due To Pandemic

Lodrake
Explorer C

Yes I’m writing I’m very upset I am unable to use my voucher now that is safer to travel after being vaccinated. My travel voucher expired September 4 2020. I am trying to book a flight from MSY to FLL and my voucher is not being accepted. Travel during pandemic is very risky and there were United flight schedules and times during these difficult times. I don’t think it is fair that I should be punished for not using my voucher during pandemic. Please advise

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Unused Travel Voucher Due To Pandemic

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Lodrake wrote:

. My travel voucher expired September 4 2020. I am trying to book a flight from MSY to FLL and my voucher is not being accepted. Travel during pandemic is very risky and there were United flight schedules and times during these difficult times.  

Of course your travel voucher was not accepted. It expired on 9/4/20. Expired means no longer valid. Your voucher expired 5 months ago and you are just now asking about it....?

You can try to appeal to Southwest customer relations

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contact-Customer-Relations/ta-p/108355

United flight schedules and times ????????????????????????

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

If the travel fund had a good amount of value there is one option available to you.  Within 6 months after expiration you can call Southwest and request an expired travel fund be converted to a LUV voucher.  This voucher will be good for 6 months and can be used by anyone.  To do this, the value of the travel fund will be reduced by $100.

Since you missed out on the opportunity to extend the travel fund expiration date, the conversion option is your only option.

Contact Customer Relations 

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

It appears that I assumed you meant voucher and themiddleseat assumed you meant travel fund..
Which is it?