Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Used rewards to purchase flight and reservation was changed by Southwest 3 times

Nahirvuela01
Explorer C

I purchased my flight using rewards and my flight was changed 2 times and cancelled one time. I ultimately cancelled my reservation and booked a flight w/ United Airlines. I am not sure if the reason of the changes is because I used points. I have a friend with a reservation to the same destination and her reservation has not being altered by Southwest in any way. Any body else experience this? By the way I am cancelling my Southwest credit card too. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Used rewards to purchase flight and reservation was changed by Southwest 3 times

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@Nahirvuela01 wrote:

I purchased my flight using rewards and my flight was changed 2 times and cancelled one time. I ultimately cancelled my reservation and booked a flight w/ United Airlines. I am not sure if the reason of the changes is because I used points. I have a friend with a reservation to the same destination and her reservation has not being altered by Southwest in any way. Any body else experience this?

Did your friend have  reservation for the same flights/ dates as you?  I suspect not. 

Reservations DO NOT get changed because they happen to be points flights. They get changed (a lot nowadays) as a result of changing passenger loads. it's happening at all airlines - not just Southwest.

By the way I am cancelling my Southwest credit card too. 

That is certainly your right. I presume you are doing that to "hurt" Southwest. How exactly is cancelling your (Chase) credit card going to do that?

Re: Used rewards to purchase flight and reservation was changed by Southwest 3 times

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I agree with Blake.  Thanks for moving to another airline, now I have a flight with a middle seat next to me open...more leg room.  I appreciate it.