Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Using Flight Funds and Gift Cards...getting error

AskDumbQuestion
Explorer C

So I have two flight credits, from the same flight.  Not sure why it's separated into two different amounts.  I also have two gift cards.  I was hoping to use them all up for my flight, but it will only let me put two things in.  Why is this happening and how do I get around it??  The flight credit should be going through fully, I would think.  It was one flight, one confirmation number.  I am trying to book one, one way flight.  I can't get hold of SW of course!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Using Flight Funds and Gift Cards...getting error

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

You can only use a max of 3 forms of payment to buy any ticket. You can't use 4 or more.

What you can do is use your stuff to buy any ticket that lets you combine three forms of payment. Then cancel that ticket and use the resultant travel fund plus another form of payment to buy the ticket you really want.

AskDumbQuestion
Explorer C

Thank you!  It is only allowing two, no matter the combo.  I will try the trick of buying something and getting a bigger flight credit though, can't hurt.

AskDumbQuestion
Explorer C

Worked!   I first got a random flight that combined the two flight credits and most of the $100 gift card.  Canceled that out.  Then I used that bigger flight credit with the $50 gift card, to the penny!  Just a random pick too. Canceled that too.  So with that second large flight credit and the remainder of the $100 gift card, I got it done.  I think one of your three payments must be a credit card or PayPal, at least that is the way it looks to me.  Must be why it was only allowing a combo of two before.  I thank you very much.  I have been trying to get hold of them for three days now with no luck.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@AskDumbQuestion wrote:

Worked!   I first got a random flight that combined the two flight credits and most of the $100 gift card.  Canceled that out.  Then I used that bigger flight credit with the $50 gift card, to the penny!  Just a random pick too. Canceled that too.  So with that second large flight credit and the remainder of the $100 gift card, I got it done.  I think one of your three payments must be a credit card or PayPal, at least that is the way it looks to me.  Must be why it was only allowing a combo of two before.  I thank you very much.  I have been trying to get hold of them for three days now with no luck.

It shouldn't have to be credit card or paypal for the last method, only that the method has to cover the total cost so it could be two travel credits and a gift card for instance in order to reach the total cost of the ticket.

Or if you had three travel funds that were more than the cost of the ticket you could use two of them and a portion of the last one.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@AskDumbQuestion wrote:

I'm glad to hear it worked for you.

Have a nice Christmas.