Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Very Unhappy At Zero Service

Pboardman06
Explorer C

My 3:00 flight from Houston to Denver was cancelled and no alternative flights available.   Now I will miss the business dinner that my job is dependent on.   

Currently on hold for 1 hour and 16 minutes.   Listening to the sickening marketing feed about how Southwest Cares and how we are “Royalty”.   It takes courage to treat customers this poorly and make them listen to a loop about how great southwest is and how much they care.   Will never .... ever fly southwest again.   I’ll pay more for American or anyone else. 

Signed, 

Former Southwest Fan & Former Southwest Customer.  

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Very Unhappy At Zero Service

Pboardman06
Explorer C
  • Update -  still on hold.  1 hour 20 minutes and counting.  

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Do you realize all airlines cancel flights for lots of different reasons?  Southwest isn't immune from that.

Southwest (and every other airline that flies to Denver) is also hammered now rebooking people who had flights cancelled due to the storm over the weekend so long hold times aren't surprising.  If you are unable to find an alternative flight available online I'm not sure what you are expecting an agent to do, they won't be able to magically make seats appear.

If you do want to talk to someone, you could try sending a message through the live chat function in the Southwest app or send a private message on Facebook or Twitter.

--TheMiddleSeat

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I also don't see a HOU-DEN flight cancelled today (3/16).  Was your flight on Monday when MANY flights were still being cancelled by ALL airlines at DEN?

--TheMiddleSeat

Pboardman06
Explorer C

The flight that was canceled was the 3:50 tomorrow ou  of Houston.  Nothing will get me there earlier 

Pboardman06
Explorer C

Update 1 hour 47 minutes on hold .... and counting 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

And you utilized the chat function or private message as I suggested?

--TheMiddleSeat

Pboardman06
Explorer C
Solution

Contrary to what MiddleSeat said; I was able to get a flight out at 10:55am in spite of the online showing no availability.   Was on hold for 1 hour 55 minutes but it suppose it was worth it 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

lol, seats do open up online too.  I'm glad you got a spot.  See, that wasn't that bad and you got to have a lovely chat while you waited.

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

First off sorry your flight was cancelled. Flights get cancelled on every airline for many reasons. 

Personally if I needed to be in a city for an important work meeting or dinner I'd fly in a day early just in case flights were to be delayed or cancelled. Flying in a few hours before your meeting or dinner can be dangerous and to me if it was life or death it would be worth $60-$80 for a hotel to keep my job. Sure it's not always possible but I'd surely try.