Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Vouchers obtained at a charity function - can expiration be extended?

gdeems
Explorer C

I bid in two round trip airline tickets at a charity auction last year. They expire October of this year. I was wondering if Southwest is giving any type of extension because of the COVID 19 situation? I would like to use them in January 2021, but don't know if they can be extended because of the current situation. I'm in one of the more at risk groups, so what to put off travel until things have settled down.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Vouchers obtained at a charity function - can expiration be extended?

bec102896
Aviator A

If there is a phone number to book travel on those vouchers I would reach out to that department. If there is not a phone number you could Contact Customer Relations and hopefully they can assist in a possible extension or solution. 

-Blake 

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

If you use them before September 7, 2020 to book a flight and then cancel that should in theory create travel funds with a September 7, 2022 expiration date.

bec102896
Aviator A

@chgoflyer wrote:

If you use them before September 7, 2020 to book a flight and then cancel that should in theory create travel funds with a September 7, 2022 expiration date.

Round trip flight vouchers may have a different policy just like group reservations. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

@chgoflyer wrote:

Round trip flight vouchers may have a different policy just like group reservations. 

For initial use, yes. But in theory once applied to a flight and then cancelled, presumably the pandemic extension accommodation applies. You make a good point however, probably worth checking with Customer Relations just to be safe.

Hopefully the OP will come back and let us know how it all works out.