Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

WORST AIRLINE RESERVATIONS EVER!

Wilmamae9139
Explorer C

I made reservations with Southwest the ending of May when we knew that they were going to lift the traveling restrictions to travel in SEPTEMBER!!! Southwest has changed my flight 5 time now. I am traveling for medical reasons and I need to travel 3 hours to get to and from the airport! This last change has made me seeing red! I need to take the flight that is less time traveling coming home (medical reasons) which we already arranged to have a pick up service to drive us home. (Which I needed to reschedule twice). Now they have me traveling an extra 4 hours. Tried to do it online like it says on the reservation line but it says I need to call Southwest.  I mean REALLY???? 5 TIMES??? Do you all just get up and say oh! lets change this flight today and lets see if we can make everyone scramble to make arrangements AGAIN??  Southwest needs to get their act together! 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: WORST AIRLINE RESERVATIONS EVER!

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@Wilmamae9139 wrote:

I made reservations with Southwest the ending of May when we knew that they were going to lift the traveling restrictions to travel in SEPTEMBER!!! Southwest has changed my flight 5 time now. I am traveling for medical reasons and I need to travel 3 hours to get to and from the airport! This last change has made me seeing red! I need to take the flight that is less time traveling coming home (medical reasons) which we already arranged to have a pick up service to drive us home. (Which I needed to reschedule twice). Now they have me traveling an extra 4 hours. Tried to do it online like it says on the reservation line but it says I need to call Southwest.  I mean REALLY???? 5 TIMES??? Do you all just get up and say oh! lets change this flight today and lets see if we can make everyone scramble to make arrangements AGAIN??  Southwest needs to get their act together! 

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, with less people flying due to the pandemic, Southwest has reduced their flight schedule, which results in a lot of flight changes. 😞

Instead of calling, try contacting Customer Relations via direct message on Twitter or Facebook. If you look online at the flight schedule ahead of time you might be able to find a flight that works better for you, which will also be helpful when you reach an agent.

With regards to lifting restrictions in September, I'm not sure what you mean exactly, but with the increasing COVID numbers, I wouldn't count on anything being lifted. Unfortunately, it's more likely there will be increased restrictions, and/or quarantines vs less, in my opinion.

Also, be aware that since Southwest has changed your flight you are entitled to a full refund, should there be a different air carrier that offers the flights you need.

Good luck!

Re: WORST AIRLINE RESERVATIONS EVER!

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Although hopefully, NOTHING was guaranteed that everything would be hunky-dory in September.  Yes, I'm a victim of at least 3 fights that have changed, and one done twice.   I feel your frustration, but use the advice given about who to contact, and hopefully, they can inform you of a better solution or get you more compensation.  

Just this evening I found out a non-stop direct flight to LAX is now a go through Denver to get there due to changes in flight schedule.  This is actually the 3rd one that has been altered.  However, just like you, I will have to view the schedule and take a better route than suggested.    It bothers me too, but just like any business in the country, not just airlines, they are adjusting to all this no more or less than everyone else.  I seriously doubt they singled us out, it was just what makes sense to keep the whole operation from shutting down.  I'd rather be annoyed a bit, then pissed because no flights at all are flying anywhere because airlines have to shut down.